The famous word SOAR complete form is security orchestration, automation and response. It is a technology that helps coordinate, automate and execute the task between tools and various people.
It also allows the company to respond quickly while cybersecurity attacks and also improve the complete security posture. This SOAR tool uses the security “playbooks” that are automated and coordinate the workflows where it includes any number of disparate security tools and human tasks.
According to Gartner report it is estimated that SOAR market will grow to $550 million by 2023 with a CAGR of 14.9%.
SOAR platform must help to improve the security operation, there are few things which it does those are below:
- It combines security orchestration, incident management, interactive investigation, and intelligent automation all together; it tries to keeps in a single solution.
- It breaks down the silos by facilitating the collaboration team to enable the security analysis to automatic action. It makes the tool for the security stack.
- It also provides the security teams in single, where it can be centralized to manage and coordinate the company’s security.
- It can optimize the case management, creating the efficiencies by opening and closing tickets and investigating the resolve incidents.
Why Does the Company Need SOAR?
In this era, organization face many numerous challenges, those are below:
- Due to the growing number of complex security threats and malicious activity, the company is mainly looking for SOAR.
- There is too many security tools which does not talk with each other. For example, few companies’ service reports found the average security operations center that now uses more than 15 security products and most of the products do not offer SOC automation.
- There are many overwhelming numbers where you can get the security alerts and internal data so that security teams can work manually through investigating, prioritizing, addressing, and much more.
- The company feels difficult in finding the security people with the right skill, through this SOAR, people can set their job correctly.
- There are minimal visibility in the tool where data sets the environment.
How does the SOAR Work?
SOAR is an individual component whose main aim is to gather all things together and ease the burden from the organisation.
- Orchestration: This system enables the cybersecurity and IT terms to combine the overall network environment with the more unified manner. This tool helps to combine the internal and external threat information.
- Automation: This is an extra add-on feature which helps to eliminate the manual steps, and this can be a little more tedious and time-consuming. This security automation can complete a wide range of tasks, which include managing user access and logs queries. This automation can be used as orchestration, and it helps to necessitate multiple security tools.
- Response: Orchestration and automation together building the foundation for the reaction of the SOAR system. Through this organization manage everything with plan and coordination, and they know to react few security threat. This automation can be featured with the SOAR eliminate so that it can understand the human error. It always makes the correct response and reduces the time so that everything can go with remedied.
Features of SOAR
- Process Automation: Through this, the user can implement the response of workflow between the security appliances.
- Incident response playbooks: As a user you need to upskill your analysts so that it can accelerate the investigation with pre-built courses and Mandiant incident responders develop it.
- Open plugin framework: It is integrated with more than 150 third-party tools where the data source is seamless and single-pane management.
- Case Management: SOAR helps to collaborate between analyst and incident to response to storing correlate alert and artifacts in the case management system. It also creates a role-based group that assign the granular to enhanced workflow management.
- Institutive user interface: It enables the security teams that get connected easily with the simplified abstraction layer to retrieve the push information. After the user changes the network, it reaches the physical access control just with a click of a button.
Benefits of SOAR
- Meet budgetary needs: Threat is always made it presents a significant issue for the enterprise. Whenever a new threat comes, novel protocol starts developing, and at that time, it becomes essential to hire new people so that process can be managed. There are new types of cyberattack where the organisation has to arrange the way to analyse the data and develop the system to address the problem. For doing this, it takes time, resource and energy. But when you are working with SOAR, everything will become automated and conserve time and money.
- Enhanced time management and efficiency: If you use the SOAR approach, you can save time and productivity. People who are in team can spend countless hours using SOAR which is automated and supports the organizational objectives. It has more efficient use for human resource and you need to spend less time recruiting and hiring the new staff.
- Manage incidents more effectively: Enterprises always get benefited where threats are dealt with more quickly. SOAR always allows faster response and accurate intervention. If the user makes some mistakes, then it may take some time to fix the problem. It helps to reduce human error and lead an effective issue-management system.
- Flexibility: SOAR always set thing as per requirement. It’ design will make the changes automatically change as per needs. It also follows the existing security system. SOAR also adopts the current setup without any condition, and it is time-consuming. It also collects the data from different sources, and it gets that from the machine, manual input, or emails. There is an IT team that decides how the data should get track according to the organisation’s needs.
- Enhanced collaboration: There are different types of threats that gets addressed by the central SOAR system. It makes up the team that gets a handle on an individual basis and collaborates with automation. It provides a unified set of protocols that empower the IT teams to collaborate with the innovative solution.
SOAR is always a significant evaluation for any company. It helps the business teamwork even more efficiently, and it also mitigates the threat fast with their efficiency. SOAR always makes high the sophistication and automation level which becomes beneficial for the security operation.