The world’s most popular network protocol analyzer Wireshark has released its new version 3.4.9 along with several bug fixes and newly updated features.
Wireshark is popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development, and education.
It is used by network administrators to troubleshoot networks and by security, analysts to examine the packets. It is a widely used tool in organizations.
Wireshark is a free and open-source packet analyzer and it runs on various operating systems that include Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, BSD, Solaris, and some other Unix-like operating systems.
Wireshark 3.4.9 comes with newly updated protocol suppport “AMQP, Aruba IAP, BGP, BT-DHT, CoAP, DCERPC SPOOLSS, Diameter, EPL, GSM A-bis OML, GSM A-I/F COMMON, GSM SIM, IEEE 1905.1a, IEEE 802.15.4, IMAP, InfiniBand, ISIS LSP, ISObus VT, JPEG, MP2T, NORDIC_BLE, QUIC, RTCP, SDP, SMB, TWAMP-Control, USB HID, and VSS Monitoring”
Wireshark Team have fixed various security bugs in this Wireshark 3.4.9:-
- TShark PDML output embeds “proto” elements within other “proto” elements Issue 10588.
- Filter expressions comparing against single-octet hex strings where the hex digit string equals a protocol name don’t work Issue 12810.
- AMQP 0.9: dissector fails to handle Content-Body frame split across TCP packets Issue 14217.
- IEEE 802.15.4: Missing check on “PAN ID Present” bit of the Multipurpose Frame Control field Issue 17496.
- Wireshark ignored
somecharacter in filename when exporting SMB objects. Issue 17530.
- tshark -z credentials: assertion failed: (allocator→in_scope) Issue 17576.
- IS-IS Extended IP Reachability Prefix-SID not decoded properly Issue 17610.
- Error when reloading lua plugins with a capture file loaded via a custom lua file handler Issue 17615.
- Absolute time UTC field filters are constructed incorrectly, don’t match the packet Issue 17617.
- GUI freezes when clicking on large (non-capture) file in File chooser Issue 17620.
- Crash after selecting a different profile while capturing Issue 17622.
- BT-DHT reports malformed packets that are actually uTP on same connection Issue 17626.
Also current version comes with new Capture File Support for the following: CAM Inspector, Ixia IxVeriWave, pcapng, and USBDump.
The new version can be downloaded from here.