Wireshark 3.2.0 released with the new update features and other bug fixes. The Wireshark is the most popular network protocol analyzer that used by network admins and security analyst around the globe.
It is a free and open-source packet analyzer and it runs on various operating systems that include Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS, BSD, Solaris, and some other Unix-like operating systems.
Wireshark 3.2.0 Some New Enhancements
Wireshark 3.2.0 has been released. Installers for Windows, macOS, and source code are now available. For mac now it ships with Qt 5.12.6(GUI for Wireshark).
- Automatic updates are supported on macOS.
- You can now select multiple packets in the packet list at the same time using “Ctrl+C” or “Cmd+C” options.
- You can now follow HTTP/2 and QUIC streams.
- You can once again mark and unmark packets using the middle mouse button. This feature went missing around 2009 or so.
- The Windows packages are now built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2019.
- IOGraph automatically adds a graph for the selected display filter if no previous graph exists
- Action buttons for the display filter bar can be aligned
- Allow extcaps to be loaded from the personal configuration directory
- The Wireshark 3.1.0 Windows installers ship with Qt 5.12.6. Previous installers shipped with Qt 5.12.4.
- You can drag and drop a column entry to the display filter to create a filter for it.
- You can import profiles from a .zip archive or an existing directory.
- Dark mode support on macOS and dark theme support on other platforms has been improved.
- Brotli decompression support in HTTP/HTTP2 (requires the brotli library).
The new version includes support for number of protocols that includes 3GPP BICC MST (BICC-MST), 3GPP log packet (LOG3GPP), 3GPP/GSM Cell Broadcast Service Protocol (cbsp), Asynchronous Management Protocol (AMP), Bluetooth Mesh Beacon, Bluetooth Mesh PB-ADV, Bluetooth Mesh Provisioning PDU, Bluetooth Mesh Proxy, CableLabs Layer-3 Protocol IEEE EtherType 0xb4e3 (CL3), DCOM IProvideClassInfo, DCOM ITypeInfo, Diagnostic Log and Trace (DLT), Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD), Dual Channel Wi-Fi (CL3DCW), EBHSCR Protocol (EBHSCR), EERO Protocol (EERO), evolved Common Public Radio Interface (eCPRI), File Server Remote VSS Protocol (FSRVP), FTDI FT USB Bridging Devices (FTDI FT), Graylog Extended Log Format over UDP (GELF), GSM/3GPP CBSP (Cell Broadcast Service Protocol), ITS message – CAMv1, ITS message – DENMv1, Linux net_dm (network drop monitor) protocol, MIDI System Exclusive DigiTech (SYSEX DigiTech), Network Controller Sideband Interface (NCSI), NR Positioning Protocol A (NRPPa) TS 38.455, NVM Express over Fabrics for TCP (nvme-tcp), OsmoTRX Protocol (GSM Transceiver control and data), Scalable service-Oriented MiddlewarE over IP (SOME/IP), USB 2.0 Link Layer (USBLL), and Wi-Fi Neighbour Awareness Networking (NAN)
Capture File Support
3gpp phone, Android Logcat Text, Ascend, Busmaster log file, Candump, Endace ERF, NetScaler, pcapng, and Savvius *Peek.
The new version can be downloaded from here.
Training Course: Master in Wireshark Network Analysis – Hands-on course provides a complete network analysis Training using Wireshark.