Microsoft has recently launched its new version of Windows Server, its Windows Server 2022, and not only that, but Microsoft has also published the general availability of an operating system that appears just in time to accompany Windows 11.
Microsoft has pronounced that till now this is one of the most predictable updates to Windows Server in recent years. In this update, Microsoft has given a lot of importance to security.
However, this new version of its operating system for servers also covers HTTPS for the transfer of secure encrypted hypertext and this has been included for the first time in any updates of Microsoft till now.
Apart from this, it has also added a security mechanism, AES-256 encryption for the SMB protocol for exchanging data.
New Features of Windows Server 2022
Here, are the list of all the newly added key features of Windows Server 2022 mentioned below:-
- Advanced multi-layered security
- Hybrid capabilities with Azure
- Flexible application platform
- Advantage of Windows Server 2022
Here is the list of major advantages that this new Windows Server 2022 brings with it:-
- Azure Automanage (in preview): Along with the automated cloud best practices, and the Microsoft cloud adoption framework, it also enables the professionals to put their practices into the enterprise expertise.
- Azure Arc and Azure Stack HCI: To modernize the management and virtualization layers here, the customers can use the Azure Arc and Azure Stack HCI.
A new adventure with Windows Server 2022
Microsoft provides a huge service all over the world, however, this new update Windows Server 2022 has been made with a broad set of abilities. And that’s why we have mentioned the top ways to get started with this update:-
- The new update Windows Server Evaluation Center grants several options to try Windows Server in Azure or to download.
- Windows Server on Azure Marketplace for managing Virtual Machines on Azure.
- Volume Licensing Service Center, where Volume License customers can easily download Windows Server 2022.
- One can go to the pricing page for Windows Server 2022 editions and pricing details.
In this update, Microsoft has brought three different flavors and here they are:-
- Datacenter – Azure Edition
Another important point is that from now on there will be no more semi-annual releases. Microsoft itself has claimed that it will only release LTCS versions of Windows Server.
Here, they have also clarified that all these LTSC product releases will have 10 years of support. So, in this 10 years of support service, they have segmented their services and here they are explained below:-
Among the 10 years of support, 5 years will be significant and another 5 years will be prolonged, while on the other side, there will be a flow cycle of 2 to 3 years for the new versions of Windows Server.