Offensive Security has recently launched the latest version of Kali Linux 2020.4; it is one of the most renowned open-source penetration testing platforms.
This new version of Kali is the fourth and final release of the 2020 series that has been stuffed with some amazing features for ethical hackers and security professionals.
The operating systems of Kali Linux are Debian-based, whereas the BlackArch is modeled on the Arch Linux operating system. Kali Linux has an advantage over other operating systems in the documentation, and it comes up with all amazing features with its latest version.
If we notice, then there are some differences between both the releases Kali linux 2020.3 and 2020.4, and here we have mentioned below the differences:-
- ZSH is the new default shell: In this new version, the bash is switching to ZSH as default.
- Bash shell makeover: The bash won’t work like ZSH, but it seems like ZSH.
- Partnership with tools authors: In this new version, Kali is teaming up with byt3bl33d3r.
- The message at login: This version always leads the users to resources.
- AWS image refresh: This version on GovCloud involves Kali’s default tools again, and a new URL is also present in this.
- Packaging Guides: If any user wants to start arranging the tool inside of Kali, then this new version will surely help to do so.
- New Tools & Updates: This new version has a new Kernel, and several new tools and updates for existing ones are present, and it set Proxychains 4 as default.
- NetHunter Updates: In this new version, the new NetHunter are settings menu, picked from different boot animations, and determined Magisk.
- Win-KeX 2.5: It has the new “Enhanced Session Mode” that draws Win-KeX to ARM devices.
- Vagrant & VMware: This new version now supports VMware users who employ Vagrant.
Newly Added Hacking tools in Kali Linux 2020.4
The new version of Kali Linux 2020.4 has come up with several new tools, and here we have mentioned below:-
The Offensive Security is partnering with Marcello Salvati, the inventor of the CrackMapExec, and here the main motive of the Offensive Security is to deliver new updates to the exclusive Kali Linux for a 30 day period.
Their main motive is to help and to promote the status quo of the Open Source Infosec/Hacking tool developer community with the motive of making it sustainable by doing a number of experiments.
Download Or Upgrade to Kali Linux 2020.4
This new version is all filled with new features and tools; that’s why every user are now demanding Kali Linux 2020.4, and you can download it from here https://www.kali.org/downloads/. In contrast, the user who are already using the earlier version can simply update their version to the new one.
After that, they can set the default shell to ZSH by using the following commands:-
- $ cp -i /etc/skel/.zshrc ~/
- $ chsh -s /bin/zsh
- $ zsh
Apart from this, the users can easily enjoy this final version of Kali Linux 2020.4, as it is user friendly and users can implement all kinds of security tests of Web sites, mobile applications, desktop software, and networks that are available with hundreds of tools.