Nowadays, data breaches are occurring very frequently; every new day, we are getting notifications of new data breaches. Today, we found another one, it’s about UberEats, here, the hackers leaked the data of UberEats on DarkWeb.
These data breach left outcomes very destructive, and it takes much time to settle the situation. UberEats is an American online food order and dispatch service that was launched by Uber in 2014. The Cyble research team detected this data breach while they were monitoring the DarkWeb.
The research team luckily examines a few files that were leaked by the hackers, and they found that the files consist of the details of UberEATS delivery drivers, delivery partners, and customers.
Till now, Uber has nearly 105 investors, along with that, they also have 20 leading investors. Among all, the most prominent investor is the SoftBank vision fund. Here, we have provided the list of most famous and prominent investors of Uber:-
- Benchmark Capital
- Blissful Thousand Limited
- Saudi Arabia PIF
- First Round Capital
- Alphabet Inc
- TPG Holdings
The Cyble researches team had got many informative details regarding this data breach, and they have listed all the details they have collected from the DarkWeb till now. Here they are listed below:-
- There are a total of 9 TXT files that are being leaked by the hackers, and this file contains information regarding UberEATS delivery driver, delivery partners, and it also has some customers.
- The hackers also leaked login credentials of nearly 579 UberEATS customers.
- The hackers also leaked data of nearly 100 delivery driver that includes all essential credentials, contact numbers, full name, bank card details, trip details, and date of creation of the account.
The Cyble research team has provided some mitigations, and recommended the users to follow it properly.
- Always prefer a strong password and multi-factor authentication.
- Don’t share any financial information over the phone, SMS, or email.
- Keep a regular check up on your financial traction.
- Alway’s turn-on automatic software update feature on your PC and smartphone.
- Always use a reliable anti-virus and internet security software on your PC, Laptop, Smartphone.
- Those who are worried about their publication in the DarkWeb can register at AmiBreached.com to determine their expose data.
Moreover, the research team is still investigating the full data breach to extract out all the possible information regarding the breach.
The Cyble research team is always dealing with this kind of data breach, and they aware of individuals in all imaginable ways so that individuals can help them out with this kind of situation.