A hacking incident has been reported recently by the DNA Diagnostics Center (DDC), it’s an Ohio-based DNA testing company, this hack has exposed the personal records of more than 2.1 million people.
Between May 24, 2021, and July 28, 2021, this hack occurred and DNA Diagnostics Center (DDC) asserted that on October 29, 2021, they have completed their internal investigation, and publicly announced this incident.
In 2012 DDC acquired the database that was associated with a national genetic testing organization system which was not been active since 2012, and DDC never used this system in any of its operations.
Information Accessed By Hackers
Here we have mentioned below the information that was accessed or breached by the hackers:-
- Full names
- Credit card number with CVV
- Debit card number with CVV
- Financial account number
- Platform account password
What DDC is Doing?
Till now, there is no claims have been reported about any fraud or any improper use of the stolen data, while to regain the foothold and keep their network secure DDC is closely working with external cyber-security researchers.
But, what about the individuals? DDC has confirmed that they will get a notification letter, and they will also get two premium services for one year for free from Experian:-
- Credit monitoring
- Identity theft protection
However, security analysts have strongly recommended all individuals to stay aware and frequently keep track of their bank account statements to detect and report any suspicious activity.
DDC holds very sensitive data as they offer several medical services like:-
- DNA relationship
- Testing for immigration purposes
Required Data to Remove The Freeze
Here we have mentioned below all the data required to remove the freeze:-
- The unique personal identification number, password, or similar device is provided by the consumer reporting agency.
- Proper identification to verify your identity.
- Information regarding the third party or parties who are to receive the credit report or the period of time for which the credit report may be released to users of the credit report.
Required Data to Request a Security Freeze
Here below we have mentioned all the required data to request a security freeze:-
- Your full name
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Complete address
- Prior address
- Proofs of identification
- If you are a victim of identity theft, a copy of either the police report, investigative report, or complaint to a law enforcement agency concerning identity theft.
Moreover, till now DDC has not yet reported any serious compromise, what they have discovered is the footprints of hackers who have accessed the old database of DDC that is never used by them.